Thursday, May 14, 2009

Please Help Put A Stop To Chinese Fur Farms!

I'll be the first to admit that especially when it comes to their exploits into the sports world, I bash and make fun of PETA like there is no tomorrow. But the work they do is real and some of the stuff they uncover is downright shocking. I mentioned this in the NHL open thread last night about one of the most shocking and graphic videos I have ever seen and this is it. And while the way I came about this video is unbelieveable in its own right, the contents of the video are even more shocking and even more appaling than anything I've ever seen before. It's an undercover video on a Chinese Fur Farm. And according to PETA, over 50% of the fur imported into the United States comes from China. So don't think this is not relevent to you because it's a video from China. And the funny part is, I'm not this type of person to always go out and campaigning for animals rights, but somethings are just too bad. So I will warn you. If you choose to watch this video, it is very, very graphic and shocking, to say the least. Unless seeing a raccoon still moving after you have just seen them being skinned and then seeing a dog literally beaten to death is your cup of tea, I think you too will be shocked by what you see. (If you're squirmish and/or get queasy easily, don't watch!)


Pledge to go fur-free at PETA.org.

To help, you can click on this link to the site on this on PETA and learn more about this. I can also forward you, of all things, the chain email from where I first learned about this with a petition at the bottom that you can sign (believe it or not, some chain emails are actually accurate). And I would also greatly appreciate it if you could spread the word about this either through your blogs and linking back here or by talking and telling those close to you and showing them this video. I know, I'm not necessarily one for this kind of stuff, but this just scared and shocked me so much that I felt that I had to post something on here about it.

And seriously people, is it really asking much to not buy anything made of fur? That's really all this is asking you to do. What is made with fur that you can't buy in any other synthetic material? Nothing that I can come up with.

Thanks for all your help in this matter!

A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms (PETA)

1 comment:

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.