Sunday, May 3, 2009

The First Multi-Overtime Game Is A 3 OT Thriller

Wow. What a game in Detroit. The Anaheim Ducks and the Red Wings took it down to the wire and then some. Before today, there had never been a game that went past the first OT (you can thank Gary Bettman for that), but the old style playoff hockey returned today in Detroit as we got treated to a 3 OT thriller, which was won by the Anaheim Ducks 4-3. I'll have the highlights of this thriller from the nhlvideo YouTube channel tomorrow night (I'll add it as an update to this post).



While I am pretty sure that I'm the only one around these parts that is rooting for Anaheim in this series, it was a good game all around. And is it just me or is it that in the long overtime games the team that gets the most chances normally ends up losing the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.