Thursday, September 3, 2009

And Your Sideline Reporter For Tonight's Game Will Be......

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unbeknownst to you, I am currently in the Meadowlands working having just had a conversation with Herm Edwards about the Miracle in the Meadowlands! This is AWESOME! And while a horrible announcer, Kevin Reilly is one of the most inspirational people that you will ever meet. Here is more on his story in case you want to read about it. Hugh Douglas also seems like a really nice guy and Dave Spadaro (a.k.a. Spuds) has taught me a lot about the art of sideline reporting over the past few hours. I have never been so exicted for a football game in my life as I am for this Eagles 4th pre-season game. I'm an actual sideline reporter!

Gotcha!

The real winner of the contest Time's Yours contest, a contest that I mentioned a few weeks ago where the Eagles would give some lucky fan a chance to sideline report the last pre-season game, is a lady named of Beth Curlett from Aston, PA. From The Eagles official website.

The results are in for the Eagles Television Network's "Time's Yours" Contest, and after 70,000 online votes the winner is ... Beth Curlett of Aston, PA.

You can see Beth's television debut Thursday night during ETN's broadcast of the Eagles-Jets game on 6ABC. Curlett, a graduate of Millersville University, has always had aspirations of being in the broadcast business. As a matter of fact, she had always wanted to be a reporter for the Eagles. She's no stranger to the team, as all eight of her brothers and sisters as well as her family are among the Eagles loyal fan base.

"I was so excited to be chosen out of the many people who submitted entries," Curlett said. "I just can't believe it! When I was told I was one of the three finalists, I screamed for 20 minutes!"

Eagles VP of Broadcasting Robert Alberino found that picking only three finalists was challenging. "My crew and I huddled over a computer and were able to choose who we thought the top 10 submissions were, but that's where it got tough. The producers and directors narrowed it to three, but not without the vote being so close that it had to be recounted three times."

The finalists ended up being Matt Baldovsky, Craig Liggeons and Beth Curlett. At that point it was up to the Eagles fans to vote over the course of 5 days and choose who they felt would best represent the Eagles on the sidelines for the Eagles' final preseason matchup.

"When I finally received the phone call from the Eagles stating that I had won", Curlett beamed. "I started to cry and my family has not stopped teasing me since."
Congrats to Beth! And while I might try to avoid the Eagles broadcast of this game if the Jets' broadcast is going to be simulcast tonight on NFL-N, I might tune in to the Eagles just to see how she does. And who knows, maybe the Eagles just discovered the next Pam Oliver....

And yes, 49er16 and I will be live blogging the Phillies game as well. Suffice to say, I will be doing a lot of channel changing tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Crap...just when I was ready to fly to the Meadowlands and heckle you....you...teased me!!!

    Just kidding, haha. Did you try and enter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I wanted to but I have 4 classes tomorrow, with the earliest one starting at 9 AM. Ignoring the fact that I don't have a car on campus and thus no way to get there, I would have to drive to New York, work an Eagles game, drive back to campus, sleep, and even if I can salvage a few hours of sleep, there would be no chance of me keeping my sanity for my classes.

    And I also did not want to risk the possibility being labeled a Stupid Sideline Reporter. ;-) This game is being simulcast on NFL-N and there's a 50-50 chance this girl is going to be seen by all of America.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.