Friday, September 11, 2009

My Week 1 Picks

So here ya go. And just so you know, there is a basic rule for this if you want to make money. Pick the opposite team that I pick and go to Las Vegas with that pick. Easiest way ever to make a fortune.

Pittsburgh over Tennessee (1 for 1! Yeay-yah!)

Atlanta over Miami (Both won't be as good as last year. Miami is more of a 1 hit wonder though than Atlanta).

Baltimore over Kansas City (Yawn.....)

Philadelphia over Carolina (They've got a dangerous combo at RB.........and that's about it. Have I ever mentioned how happy I am that Macho Harris is B-Dawk's replacement at free safety?)

Cincinnati over Denver (Look, I'm not saying the Bengals are going to be any good this year, I'm just saying that the Broncos are going to suck epicly)

Minnesota over Cleveland (If they stay healthy, the Vikes will be really good. The same can't be said about the Browns)

Houston over New York Jets (Mark my words, Mark Sanchez will suck)

Indianapolis over Jacksonville (Peyton Manning could be surrounded by 10 high schoolers and the Colts would still win this game).

New Orleans over Detroit (New Lions uniforms FTW!)

Dallas over Tampa Bay (Both teams won't be any good. However, Tampa will rival Detroit, Denver, and Oakland as the worst in the NFL this year).

San Francisco over Arizona (I'm feeling the upset here).

New York Giants over Washington (Let the soon-to-be failed Haynesworth experiment in Washington begin!)

Seattle over St. Louis (Seattle will be so much better this year it's not even funny. Remember, the Seahawks were above all else a victim of the injury bug last year).

Green Bay over Chicago (Have I ever mentioned how overrated Jay Cutler and the Bears are this year? And to that point, the Packers are vastly underrated in my view. Watch out for the Pack this year. Just saying).

New England over Buffalo (I love watching 42-3 MNF games!)

San Diego over Oakland (See New England over Buffalo)

I'll be keeping track of my wins and losses as we go through the season, something that I will probably soon regret. I think I'm looking pretty good this week, but a big part of that is the fact that I don't think many games will be that competitive this week.

6 comments:

  1. Yep your right, choose the opposite games as you.

    /Kurt Warner owns the Niners
    //Hopes the Madden Curse strikes Fitzgerald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steelers
    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bengals
    Vikings
    Jets
    Colts
    Saints
    Cowboys
    Cards
    Giants
    Seahawks
    Bears
    Pats, Chargers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary Thorne at 1:20 am during the 9th inning of O's-NYY: “We started the night with spare ribs and striped bass, and when I just went in the press room, we had Fruit Loops and Cheerios.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ kt: Haha! That's hilarious! Wait a minute, did you just say ribs??? Sarge's application to work with the O's was just handed in moments ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1-0 on the season.


    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bengals (FAIL DENVER FAIL!)
    Vikings
    Texans
    Saints
    Cowboys
    Cardinals
    Giants
    Seahawks
    Packers
    Pats
    Chargers

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.