Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It Gives Me No Pleasure In Telling You Guys This....

....but the internet in all of the dorms across Bloomsburg University is down. The internet was lost at around 1 in the morning last night and has been down ever since. Right now, I have found a working lab with the internet, however, until the problem has been fixed, I don't know what to tell you other than I obviously won't be live blogging anything as there is no TV in the lab and I don't get internet on my cell phone. Now the problem could be fixed in a couple hours, or in a week. If you think that the latter option sounds utterly crazy, last year in September the internet was down for a week, so it's a good possibility that by no fault of my own, I won't be around next week for the Pammies, 49er16's open thread, and the live blog. They claim that they are working on the problem, but I just talked to my CA (most of you know them better as RAs), and he said that that is code for "oh shit, we have a massive problem".

All I know I have told you above and while I might be able to get on these university computers once or twice a day (tomorrow I have about 10,000 committments so I probably won't be doing much blogging until late at night at best regardless of internet or not). Until then, and knowing the people that we are dealing with, I would assume the worst and hope for the best. I'd like to say I will be around this weekend, but if my CA is even remotely close to the size of the problem, then the answer is most likely a whopping hell no as to whether I'll be live blogging this weekend.

Thanks for your continued patronage and I'll have a post up when all is well in the dorms. Until then, enjoy this video of a (most likely) drunk fan climbing the goal posts at a CFL game (hat tip to kt1000).

6 comments:

  1. That's why I don't live in a dorm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is out in the on-campus apartments as well.

    And sadly I don't have the internet back yet. I'm once again on a computer in one of the few computer labs that do have internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear they have some internet out Californee way...


    /South Park'd

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Leno show driving challenge between Bob Costas and Al Michaels must be seen, just for Michaels making race car sounds like he's 5...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad Lidge is a trending topic on Twitter right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ kt1000: Um.....wow......that would probably drive me insane.

    @ 49er16: Brad Lidge can go fuck himself. I'm telling you, he'll be the reason why the Phillies don't repeat as world champions.

    @ Everyone hoping I get internet back before the weekend, here is the message currently posted on the BU Today page: "The Internet connection in all residence halls is down due to an off-campus issue. BU is working with the vendor to get it resolved as quickly as possible. Internet connections in all other campus buildings are working. A notice will be posted when the issue is resolved."

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.