Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Andy Reid Vs. The Media, Part 282

It's one of the reasons why we all love and love to hate Andy Reid. His dealings with the media are comical at best and downright atrocious at worse. Well, here's another instance of a classic non-callout callout on the part of Andy Reid, this time directed toward Peter King of Sports Illustrated. Via the Philly Inquirer

there was a report by sportswriter Peter King at halftime of the Sunday night game that he was doubtful for Week 3 against the Chiefs. King said he had spoken to Reid.

"I don't know where that report came from," Reid said. "I thought I was reporting here. There's a chance [McNabb plays]. I can't tell you that he can take a hit today. I don't feel that way about it right now."
Ah, good stuff! I also doubt that McNabb is going to play as well, but I'm pretty sure that Andy Reid is trying to do every little thing possible to keep the Chiefs off-balance. And it's not that I necessarily blame him, I just think that until McNabb walks out and takes snaps on the practice field, there's not a person in the league that is going to buy what Reid is trying to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.