Sunday, September 20, 2009

LOL DALLAS!!!

'Twas a long and miserable day of football for me. Sure the Pats lost to the Jets and the Phillies reduced their magic number to 6, but all of those seemed small or minor in comparision to the poor play by the Eagles defense and special teams and their lack of discipline, despite the fact that Kolb played fairly decent (2 of his 3 INTs came in garbage time in the 4th quarter). But watching the Sunday night game between the Giants and the Cowboys made everything better. Sure I'm an Eagles fan and I'll regret cheering for the team that will probably finish the season with a better record, but there I really could not help myself. The Giants, while rivals of the Eagles, do have some respect from me. They are a classy organization, have an excellent defense, and I do have a lot of respect for Eli Manning. Sure most of it came during Super Bowl XLII, but nonetheless, he and that team earned my respect and appreciation and it has since lasted. It does not mean I necessarily like them or cheer for them on a weekly basis. It does not mean I'm a fan. But I can respect a decent rival as is the case with the Giants. Same with Tom Coughlan and that coaching staff. The same, however, cannot be said about Dallas. Jerry Jones is a compete media whore and a douche bag, Tony Romo is way overrated and his 3 INTs, albeit one was a complete fluke off of Witten's shoe (at the same time, it can be said that he never should have thrown a ball to Witten at his shoe), they signed TO and Pacman just for attention, and Wade Phillips is completely incompetent (although, as an Eagles fan, that's not such a bad thing). I don't like them and I don't respect them. Which is why, on a day where nothing seemed to be going right, this video puts a huge smile on my face.



Fuck JerryLand, Fuck The Cowboys, Fuck Tony Homo, and Fuck The King of Plastic himself, Jerry Jones. Good for you Lawrence Tynes, cherish this victory and remember it for the rest of your life.

Surely I'll regret my celebratory remarks when the Eagles lose out on the NFC East title by 1 game and the Cowboys finish an abysmal 5-11, but with both teams sitting at 1-0 to start the game and a result that is currently of utter irrelevence to the Eagles woh are yet to play any divisional games, I could not be more happier.

2 comments:

  1. now tell us how you really feel...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny part is that's not the worst bashing I've ever given Dallas.

    http://fireandyreidnow.blogspot.com/2008/12/were-in-playoffs-were-in-playoffs-were.html

    /Favorite post'd.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.