Friday, September 18, 2009

My Week 2 Picks

I am trying out a new style for this, vlogging via YouTube! For the first time ever (if you did not search my name on Facebook) who will see my beautiful shining voice as well as these wonderfully dolcet tones. My apologies in advance for the awkward cut off at the end. I'm not quite sure what happened, but I was not about to re-make this just because my last remarks about the Colts-Dolphins and my closing comments were cut off at the very end.

Anyway, enjoy and in case the MLB sticklers decide to delete the video because I had the Phillies game on in the background, (to them the vague audio that might have been picked up may be a violation of copyright and what not and my video may get deleted), I have my picks re-stated below the video.



In the future, I'll try to make these shorter as I was not aware how long I was until I was finished. Anyway, I was about to say the person who decided to make this a Monday night game should be fired or shot or something. That was followed by a few closing comments where I basically re-stated my point about the Saints-Eagles games and signed off by saying "peace". I couldn't think of anything else. The cutoff at the end notwithstanding, let me know what you think? Like it? Hate it? And be honest, if you think that fucking sucked, then please let me know, as I won't do it again. Thanks and I hope you enjoyed it!

Update: If you don't want to get through that, here are my picks below. I had originally planned on putting this in here, but I guess I just forgot or something. Oh well....

Atlanta
Minnesota
Green Bay
Arizona
Kansas city
New England
New Orleans
Tennessee
Washington
Buffalo
Seattle
Pittsburgh
Denver
San Diego
New York Giants
Indianapolis

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry JFein, but the first 20 seconds made me uncomfortable. Plus you look like a guy my friends and I used to beat up in high school.

    /Yes I was a HS bully
    //Yes I am ashamed of my behavior.

    Also I'm still not sure if I will be around on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's fine. Thanks for your honesty.

    I'll just list my picks below then in case other people get awkward and don't want to sit through it.

    And I've encountered a few people in my life that look like me. It's quite weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing is, it's not you. I'm just uncomfortable watching anyone recording a video off of their computer.

    /I know I have problems

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice vid, JFein.


    Now quit with the awkwardness and practice in front of a mirror. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, it's cool. I just wanted to try something new and assess feedback. I thought of this idea a few minutes before I executed it out of boredom as my roommate left to find a party (he came back shortly after I finished the video having not found anything) and I had nothing else to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ SSR: Ha! And yes, I (ashamedly) did this without rehearsal, even though I was looking at my picks off of a word document (with some of the banter being written down and the rest of it being off the cuff).

    Maybe for that sake alone, redoing it would not have been a bad idea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job JFein!

    may i suggest index cards instead of a whole word doc?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ kt: Trust me, if I have index cards next time, I will look at them (whether I need to or not) and it will be even more awkward than that was. At least this way it looks like I'm not using any notes (besides, I really can't memorize 14 picks...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 12-4 last week

    Atlanta
    Lions(the streak ends!)
    Green Bay
    Arizona
    KC
    NE
    Philly
    Tennessee
    Washington(though i'd love for the Rams to win)
    Buffalo
    49ers
    Pittsburgh
    Denver
    Ravens
    Giants
    Colts

    again great job and you'll get better at it the more you do it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that a bunkbed in the background?

    Sweet vid, but I have to agree with both SSR and kt, practice first and use index cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a loft bed. The bed is on top and underneath there is a desk.

    Thanks for the advice, it is appreciated. When I film my reaction after the Eagles game, I'll be sure to rehearse it a few times and I'll find a place to hide the index cards, I guess (although I initially thought that using a word document like that was a good idea)....

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHEW! I'M DRUNK AND I WATCHED THE VIDEO AGAIN. IT WAS MUCH BETTER ;-)

    GOOND NEWS THOUGH JFEIN, MY GIRLFRIEND WATCHED IT AND SAID THAT YOU ARE CUTE AND THAT WITH PRACICE THESE VIDEOS WILL BE MUCH BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  13. remember cute = kiss of death w/ women...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anothe drunk post. Are you watching this Boise game? It's insane!

    Also kt, it's not the kiss of death. She said I was cute before we went out.......

    /watch she breaks up with me, tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! What a game thus far!

    Maybe you should watch it again in the morning when you're sober. ;-)

    Maybe he meant that her calling another guy cute is the kiss of death for your relationship....

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.