Tuesday, April 7, 2009

One Shining Moment For UNC

As much as it pains me to say this.......congratulations to the 2009 National Champions of college basketball, the North Carolina Tar Heels. Well, I guess it could be worse, it could be Duke, but we all know that they are way overrated anyway, so the chances of that happening are quite slim. Anyway, here is the only video that is really worth viewing from last night's festivities. One Shining Moment. And pay special attention to what play is shown the first time that "one shining moment is sung"...



As a Nova fan, if that does not give you goose bumps then I don't know what will.

And speaking of Philadelphia connections, here's a little something for you. Wayne Ellington was born and raised in Wynnewood, PA. What's so special about that you ask? Well besides the fact, that it's where my grandfather used to live (he's since moved from there for reasons that I elect not to share) and subsequently where my dad grew up and in the county where I live when I'm not in college, Ellington is not the first basketball player to come out of that area. And neither is Gerald Henderson. I do not know how many of you know this, but former Philadelphia 76er Joe Bryant used to live in Wynnewood. And in case you might have already figured out (or know), Joe Bryant had a son. His name is Kobe and he plays currently plays basketball for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Moral of the story other than coincidence: Don't let anyone tell you that all basketball players come out of the ghetto. Because you've got 2 of the finest college kids and arguably one of the greatest players currently in the NBA that came out of the wealthy community Wynnewood, PA.

(FYI, I know I said earlier that I was planning to live blog the Flyers tonight even though it's just a local game, but I am just too tired right now and have way too much work to do live blog (or even watch) the game tonight. Sorry for getting your hopes up......if you even got your hopes up.)

1 comment:

  1. Never fear JFein. I have my spring break this week and I feel energized.

    So if you are interested, even though it's a local game, I will be live blogging the Giants-Brewers game at 1PM PST/4PM EST. Tim Lincecum receives his Cy Young award today.

    ReplyDelete

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.