Friday, April 10, 2009

Random Thouights From Yours Truly Plus The Song Of The Day

It's Friday and I am going to be going home for the weekend for the first time in over a month!

Angels Field has not exactly been a blessed place to be, to use a really bad religious joke. A few days ago an Angels fan died in a fight there and then yesterday we learned of the passing of Angels' starting pitcher Nick Adenhart, killed in a car crash just hours after pitching 6 shutout innings. R.I.P. Nick Adenhart: 1986-2009.

The NFL schedule is going to be released on Tuesday and ESPN is subsequently airing a 3-hour special over it. 3-hours??????? Are you kidding me?!?!? Am I the only one whose only care is to actually see the schedule, and not have 3-hours of analysis and interviews. Hell, the NFL-N's 2-hour show is far too much overkill. Sheesh, just give me the damn schedule so that I can see it.

For those not following the World Cup qualifying that closely, I have put my post into a better perspective by boldening teams in the standings section that have qualified (although except for host nation South Africa who qualifies automatically) none have done so yet and by putting a line through teams that have been eliminated (of which there are a few, so you might want to check that out if that's not something you've been on top of).

Sometimes the best place to be is to be there when somebody is feeling down.

Sometime this weekend I will try to have a new poll up for you guys.

If anyone is interested in taking over this blog for a week or so, now is the time to start thinking about it. I'll have more information on this in the upcoming months.

The teams in the NHL playoffs in the Eastern conference are now set. Boston, Washington, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Carolina, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, and Montreal are all in. And I am absolutely pissed that Service Electric Cable in Bloomsburg does not carry Versus. There are some potential really juicy matchups in the Eastern Conference of the playoffs and even though I get both CSN Philly and FSN Pitt to enhance my viewing a bit, if Boston and Montreal becomes a series and if I miss most of it, I will be really pissed.

Song of the Day: "Psycho" by Puddle of Mudd (Sorry for the weird vid; the reason I'm not using the official music video is because Universal Music Group has pretty much disabled embedding for everyone who uploads official music videos; this is the best I can do)


Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Read the Commenting Guidelines before commenting.